We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Friday, June 5, 2015

THE LORD TURNED ME AROUND

The Lord Turned Me Around


I Usedta Git my Kicks by Bein' Crool. I Didn't Care 'bout Love 'n Bein' Kind. I Thought that I was CUTE and Pretty COOL; I Thought I Saw the Truth, but I was Blind! My FaithlessNess, one Day it Made me Sick, and It was Plain that I must Cop, or Die! My Heart an' Mind had Been as Thick as Brick, 'cause All my “RighteousNess” was but a Lie! Ya See, I'd Tried ta Follow All the Rules, ta Be a “Good Boy” – Didn't Know the Lord! But Then I Saw that Praise is Sought by Fools, who Miss the Mark 'cause Jesus they've igNored! The Prince of Peace and Joy is BuddhaChrist; that Love's the Sweetest Love will Ever Be! That Love has Always Longing Hearts sufFiced, and Ev'ry Day that Love sufFices ME!

Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar