We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Thursday, July 21, 2016

IF I GET SCARED

If I Get Scared, I'll Call on You, Lord


Some People say that Murder's sometimes cool. They're often hot ta Kill the ones they Fear. Please, Never let me Be a killin' fool, but help me Love my neighbors, now and here. Now, If it Came ta shooti' me er you, if Each of Us once Had that choice ta Make, I'd rather Shooting's what YOU Chose ta Do, I'd rather Give my life fer Jesus' Sake. You're gonna Stab someone, I'll break your wrist! Your broken wrist most Probably will heal. On Never Killin' someone, I insist; the Holy One and I have Made that Deal! Lord, strengthen my resolve ta Let 'em Live, if Someone Does offend me, Lord, at All. Make Strong in me the will ta ALL ferGive, I Know You'll come, whenever I may Call. Thank You, Lord! Hallelujah! Amen!


Copyright 2013 by Marie L. Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar