We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Thursday, October 8, 2015

HELP ME DO RIGHT

Help Me Do Right
(from a guy to another guy, and then the Lord)

If Fears conTrol my Life, I've Lost my Way. And Only Perfect Love kin Cast out Fears. If Chicken-Hearted's How I Choose ta Stay, I'll Cause my Self and Others Pain… and Tears. 'Cause Cowardice eNables Anger, Man, and Anger's Murder, So the Wise ones Say. But Kindly Mercy Is a Better Plan, and Christ kin Help me Show that Love toDay.

FerGive me when I Blow it, Precious Lord, as I've ferGiven Those who've Messed with Me; at Times the Holy Spirit I've igNored, and I've not Been the Best that I could Be. Please, Shine uPon my Heart your Loving Light… and PuriFy that Heart, and Make it Strong! And Help your Erring Servant Get it Right, next Time, so I won't Do noBody Wrong! Please and Thank you!



Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar