We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I'S RATHER YOU FELT LOVED A LOT


(long poem for a greedy person) - If you are holding more than what’s your Share, there’s children sick and dying ‘cause of you, and all because you daily fail ta care; ya act just like ya haven’t got a clue! But I believe you know just where it’s at, it’s Not, “I’ll get more goodies just for Me!” Because, my friend, you’ll surely pay for that, and I don’t mean you’re gettin’ off scot free! When joyful lovingkindness leaves your heart, it just might be because you threw it out! At times, we all will fail ta do what’s smart, the Golden Rule most anyone will flout! But you, ya got obsessed with lust fer wealth, it caught you kinda like a fishing hook! That habit’s made ya lose your psychic health – and it’s your Self, my friend, that you forsook! So why not learn ta love yourself again, and practice loving all the universe? If not You, Who, my friend, if not Now, When? ‘Cause Too much Wealth’s a fundamental Curse! Why not discover love and beauty, too? Why not devote yourself ta Truth toDay? ‘Cause These are parts of taking Care of You; I’d rather you felt Loved a Lot, okay?


Copyright 2013 by Marie L. Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar