We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Thursday, September 8, 2016

THE LOVE OF CHRIST IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE


(long poem) How Much does President Obama care? How Much do Hillary and Donald Trump? Not Much, dear One, as far as I’m aware; their morals, long ago, they chose ta Dump. But, How about both Yours and Mine, dear Soul? Now, me, I haven’t yet become a saint; I fall too short in all too many ways. A Perfect lover, now, I really ain’t, so Help me, Lord, be One who often prays. Please, Help me start ta love the Way You do, forgiving everyone who does me wrong; please, Help me love my neighbor, me, and You, please, Help my Will ta Love us ALL stay Strong! Lord, You deserve my Deepest Gratitude, fer All you’re Doin’, Lord, and all you’ve Done; Sheer Thankfulness I always should exude, fer All the Love you’ll Give, sweet Holy One! Please, Never let this heart o’ mine be swayed… from Lovin’ YOU, and everyone on Earth! Lord, I appreciate this world you’ve made, please, Help me Dig just What your Love is Worth! In the holy name of Jesus Christ, amen!


Copyright 2013 by Marie L. Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar