We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

THE MONKEY & THE SLIPPERY SLOPE


 “When I get bothered by another ape, I often tend ta brood and get uptight. My mind might start ta play an angry tape, to wit, that they were wrong and I was right! So then the melodrama has begun, and I'm the star, inside my little mind. It's me who is the much-offended one, to my responsibility quite blind! So, Heaven, help my crazy monkey out, whenever I start getting nuts like that! I need ta love my Self, without a doubt, and loving Them as well, is where it's at! I let my pride deceive me once again, so sure that I'm a saint, and they are not. Then I be lost as I have ever been, so sure I'm cool, but really runnin' hot! How truly crazy I can sometimes get, and then I need the Lord ta straighten me. Or else the men in white might bring a Net, and padded walls I'll be real sure ta See! So, Heaven, help me always Keep my cool, in Jesus' peace and love each day abide. If I persist in actin' like a fool, the monkey's greased the slope down which he'll slide! Ain't that right?”


Copyright 2016 by Stephen C. Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar