We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

TESTIMONY POEM

Testimony Poem

I once had a hunger that food could not fill --
Thirty years ago, and I remember it still.
Anything I ate made me violently sick;
Anything I ate came out both ends real quick.
My doctor poked and prodded me along,
But finally said, "I can't tell you what's wrong."
I couldn't do nothin' but continue my fast,
and before I knew it near three weeks had passed.
The doctor said, "It can’t be found in any tome!"
I said, "It's emotional," and went on home.
I still couldn't eat, but I went to a church,
and when the time was come, I left my perch.
I went to the front, and invited Him in;
I was persuaded that I needed a Friend.
When Monday came, I asked the preach to pray,
he anointed me with oil and from that day
I've been able to eat – you might now see:
Jesus saved my life back then and set me free!



Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar