We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Sunday, May 17, 2015

I'M GOIN' BACK TA SCHOOL, DAHLIN'

I’m Goin’ Back ta School, Dahlin’
(from one lover to their other)

I’m Major-Ing in Mercy;
I’m Taking Kindness Classes;
the Book of Life I’ll Study;
I’ll Wear comPassion Glasses.
There Ain’t no “Cool” deGree,
no Doctorate ta Earn,
but TRUTH I Hope-ta-See,
the Golden Rule ta LEARN!
So Would you Be my Co-Ed,
and Teach me Loving Ways?
Not Books, but LOVE inStead,
a LOVE that Would AMAZE...
I’d Be a Ready Student,
could Lend a Helping Hand,
my Passion Wild but Prudent,
and Sure ta Meet deMand!
InStead of Graduation:
comMunion Soup fer All,
a timely CeleBration,
Winter, Spring, Summer ‘n Fall!
We’d Study all Year ‘Round,
so Many Subjects Learn,
our Campus Holy Ground,
where Love’d Brightly Burn!
AlReady I’ve enRolled,
I’ve Paid the College Fees;
now Have I Got YOU Sold,
Oh, Won’t You Join me, Please?

Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar