We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Sunday, May 17, 2015

BEFORE AND AFTER MEETING THE HOLY ONE

Before and After Meeting the Holy One


I Tried and Tried like Hell to Prove my Worth, but No one Seemed ta Know what Jesus Did; I Hadn’t Yet exPerienced new Birth, I Was a Very Desp’rate, Lonely Kid. And So I Nearly Threw aWay my BOD, a’Chasing after Foolish, Useless Hopes; I Hadn’t Given All my Blues ta God, my Greatest Foe then Had me On the ROPES! NoBody Knew just What ta DO with Me; I Didn’t Fit the Common, Normal Mold; noBody Knew how Useful I could Be; the Working World seemed Quite unKind and Cold. I Ran as Hard as I then Could, aWay, and I beLieved I wasn’t Worth a Hoot, but, Folks, I’m Gassed to Be aLive today, ‘cause I know Love; my Life is Bearing FRUIT – BUT!... But IF YOU haven’t Met the Living Lord, and Think you’re Gonna Make it All aLone, and GO and LEAVE God’s Gift of Grace igNORED, you’ve Tried to Build withOut the CORnerStone! So Why in Endless Darkness One perSists, I’m Sure that I can Never UnderStand; the Answer To Your Troubles Now eXists; you May not Know, but Heaven’s Here at Hand! Let’s Ask for Help from Life who Loves us So, the Holy One who'll Never Turn aWay; let’s Choose the Teacher’s Aid to Learn and Grow, and Start to Live for Love-Light Here TO-DAY! OK?

Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar