We're Listed in the Find Poetry.com Poetry Directory

Thursday, May 21, 2015

RE:SELF-RIGHTEOUS DELUSIONS

Re: Self-Righteous Delusions
(to a fundamentalist)

Oh, I beLieved and Trusted All they Said, but Those beLiefs then Caused me Grief and Pain; then I beGan to Doubt those Lies inStead, and Then I Saw that They were Plumb inSane: a Fickle Giant Man up In-the-Sky, who Spies and Knows the Evil Things I Do, and Drops me Down in Agony to Fry, beCause He’s Mad and Loves me Through and Through!
He Has an EneMy, BeElzeBub, but They are Partners, Also, Folks, it Seems, and If rePeatedLy you Botch and Flub, they’ll Both igNore your Never-Ending Screams.

But If you’re Good, you’ll Live in Bliss aBove, too Bad about the Tortured Down beLow, ‘cause You’ll be Blest by Mercy, Bliss, and Love – exCruciating Pain’s what THEY will Know! You Say that's How it’s Always S’posed ta Be, and hell is not your Destiny to Bear, but You're self-SatisFied, beLieve you Me, self-Righteous, Friend, and You don't Care!

Copyright 2013 by Marie Louise Nickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Literature
Tandblekningar